The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) was set up in July 2000 to fill the gap created by inadequate traffic management at that time. It is an Agency supervised by the Lagos State Ministry of Transportation, supported by legislation of the Lagos State House of House of Assembly, the latest being the Lagos Transport Sector Reformed Law of 2018. It was also established to transform the State Transportation System to ensure free flow of traffic in the state and to reduce accidents.
To promote a state-wide culture of Traffic Regulation, Control and Management, as well as to ensure smooth Traffic flow in Lagos roads.
To reduce deaths and economic losses caused by road traffic accidents and reduce and delays on Lagos State’s public highways by implementing modern traffic management techniques to bring order and control to state’s road.
To create atmosphere for a sustainable social and economic growth by ensuring free flow in the State.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control, Management and Regulation of Traffic-related matters within Lagos metropolis.
- Public Education and Enlightenment of drivers and motorists on the proper use of the highways.
- Traffic Safety and Accident Management.
- Conduct Research and driver’s behavior and safety.
- To ensure hitch-free traffic flow on Lagos roads.
- To develop culture of Regulation, Control and Management of Traffic operations statewide.
- Determine works and devices designed to improve Traffic Flow and advise the appropriate road works officers on the locations where such works and devices are required.
- Headquarters Operations (Director)
- 6 Area Comptrollers (Comptrollers)
- 20 Area Commands (Commanders)
- 43 zones (Zebras) and 2 BRT units
The Authority is headed by a General Manager and other Directors in charge of the following departments/units.
General Manager (Mr. Oreagba B. – 08129928558)
- Admin and Human Resources (Mr. Salami L.A. – 08129928349)
- Account Department (Mr. Odebiyi A.B. – 08129928502)
- Legal Department (Barrister Akerele Oseni K. – 08129928501)
- Audit Unit (Mr. Azzan M.O. – 08129928513)
- Budget and Planning unit (Mr. Awesu S.A. – 08129928514)
- Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department (Mr. Adebayo T.A. 08129928515)
- Procurement Unit (Mr. Obateru O. 08129928531)
- Provost (Mr. Biliaminu Apena – 08129928490)
- Director of Operations (DOP’s Mr. Gbejemede Peter – 08129928559)
- I. C.T [Mrs. Kazeem Abosede – 08129928524]
ADDRESS – L.S.T.C Building, Oshodi –Apapa Expressway, Ilupeju, Lagos
Hotlines —- [09129928597 WhatsApp Only], 0817472227, 08100565860, 08129928503
Instagram — ekolastma
Twitter — @followlastma
Facebook — ekolastma
YouTube —- lastmaTV
Email —- [email protected]